Do you know that strong and sharp jaw, is the main weapon for a termite colony in chewing and biting various parts of your house made of wood? In a short time, termites can pose dangerous risks to your home such as structural damage to make some parts of your house collapse, such as the roof or ceiling. And when your found termites in your house you have to call pest control Columbia SC services as soon as possible. But, homeowners can take some initial action to prevent termites from damaging the structure of the house and endangering the safety of your family.
Important facts about termites that every homeowner should know are that termites never stop eating wood for 24/7. Termite queens can live 5 to 10 years, and produce 160,000 eggs in 1 year and termite queen’s ritual for 5 to 10 years and laying up to 160,000 eggs a year. Termites build tunnels or better known as mud tubes made of mud, dirt, and saliva to make it easier for them to move underground to land. So your house might already be invaded by termites before you realize it.
Luckily there are lots of things you can do to prevent termites that can invade your home. Here are 5 ways to prevent termites to help you protect your biggest assets:
– Repair all broken tiles, to prevent moisture from entering the house and attracting termites.
– Repair and overcome leaks in pipes to eliminate the humid conditions favored by termites.
– Dispose of wood debris that is adjacent to the walls of the house, because it can encourage termites to hide and live in it.
– Closing any cracks and gaps that exist around the walls of the house, to close the possibility of termites slipping into your house.
– Having a garden that is far from building houses to not provide termite access into your home.
– Take proactive steps now to expel and eradicate termites, so that the presence of termite colonies does not harm your home building.